Key Words: Threat Research, Threat Hunting, Threat Analysis, Threat Intelligence, Cyber Kill Chain, Network, Network Security, Programming, Scripting, Python
Role: Threat Researcher
Industry: Cybersecurity, Consulting
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing Cybersecurity solutions and services. They offer expertise and extensive capabilities that cater to customers cybersecurity needs. Their competencies are Managed Security Services, Security Consulting, Cybersecurity Advisory and Assurance Services, Security Architecture, design and system integration services, Advanced threat detection, threat hunting incident response and Cyber Analytics.
Our client has established a strong track record in providing cybersecurity services for over 2 decades now, serving both public and private sectors.
About the Threat Researcher
- You will be researching and developing algorithms and rules to automate the validation and investigation of several cyber threats.
- You will be investigating/researching cyber threat behaviours to generate effective algorithms and rules.
- You will be researching innovative threat detection methods to identify and detect emerging cyber threats.
- You will be researching and developing modular data pipeline to automate and simplify threat analysis and hunting operations by adding contextual information, highlighting cyber threats and producing actionable threat intelligence.
- You will develop/research advanced/new engine to provide threat insights including correlating cyber threats and attributing cyber threats to threat actors and malware.
- You will be working on large volume of raw, unstructured, and structured data from the network and endpoint.
- You will discover emerging threats while performing the duties above
- You will deliver detailed documentation and ensure quality throughout the project lifecycle
- You will develop test cases and perform threat simulation to validate the data pipeline and engine
- You will conduct and/or manage joint research initiatives with industry partners and Institutes of Higher Learning
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Information Systems/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Relevant experiences in cyber threat analysis, threat intelligence and/or threat hunting
- Familiar/Knowledgeable with attack vectors, attacker techniques and the Cyber Kill Chain
- Strong foundation in networking fundamentals, with a deep understanding of TCP/ IP and other core networking protocols.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to put together disparate information to form a coherent picture.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Python, PySpark etc.
- Excellent in presenting technical details/findings clearly and concisely.
- Ability to pass security clearance due to sensitive projects that this role might be involved in.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.