Key Words: Security, DevOps, Linux, System Administration, Virtualization, Network Protocols, Network Security, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance, Network Troubleshooting, Firewall Administration
Role: System Administrator
Function: System Administration, Virtualization, Network Protocols
About Our Client
Our client is a specialist Cyber Security Product company with an R&D division formed by a talented group of cyber security experts, who are responsible for delivering cutting-edge projects using innovative active defense methods.
About the System Administrator
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
You should have experience in:
- System Administration
- Virtualization environment
- Linux, Windows, MacOS experience
- Network Protocols; Network Security, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Maintenance, Network Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning
- Firewall Administration, Routers, Hubs and Switches
- Proxy Servers
- Developing standards including Information Security Policies and process improvements
- DevOps skills would be advantageous
- You will be managing and maintaining Linux servers.
- You will be monitoring system performance, provide technical support through understanding of bash scripts, mounts, and cron jobs.
- You will establish system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- You will be establishing the system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems. defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- You will be maintaining system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning: troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems: designing and running system load / stress testing: escalating application problems to vendor.
- You will be securing the system by developing system access, monitoring, control and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing backups; maintaining documentation.
- You should be able to recognize problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations and then implementing security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- You should be able to determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- You should be able to upgrade the system by implementing and maintaining security controls, keeping users informed by preparing performance reports and communicating system status.
- You will be developing, testing, evaluating and installing enhancements and new software.
- You will maintain quality service by following organization standards.
An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving, planning, communication and reporting skills while being a quick self-learner, innovative, self-motivated and open-minded.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.