Key Words: Telecommunications, Solution Architecture, Pre-sales, Network, Data Centre Virtualization, Storage, Security, Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization
Role: Sr. Solution Architect, Partner
Industry: Information and Communications Technology
Function: Solution design and architecture, Presales
About Our Client
Our client is a fully-integrated info-communications company, offering a full range of information, communications and technology services for both consumer and enterprise markets offering the latest solutions.
About the Sr. Solution Architect, Partner,
- To provide both a consultancy service to partner’s customers in the sell-with/sell-through mode and support to the sales teams in the partner team. This role would require interaction with the partner team and partner’s end customer while presenting solutions to various decision makers and stakeholders. So previous experience in supporting the partner business is important for this role. Solution Architect needs to use knowledge of the company's products and services to translate customer requirements into functional, effective and appropriate solutions for the prospective customer base.
- Partner Sales Segment will primarily focus on partners in Technology domains, Cloud Service providers System Integrators, Service Provider domains and referral partners.
Benefits and Perks:
- A comprehensive and attractive salary package, depending on experience.
- Medical, dental and life insurance.
- Successful track record in the System Integrator/Telecommunications arena, with 10 years industry experience and demonstrable track record in complex customer solution wins.
- Ability to formulate thorough and compelling technical solutions documentation including detailed diagrams for both customer facing and internal use.
- The Sales Engineer must possess good customer communication and presentation skills with the ability to progress customer relationship to a ‘trusted advisor’ status. Proven ability is required to assist Sales in strategizing and pitching capabilities and solutions for acquiring new business and growing existing business.
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with internal Sales, Commercial Management, Product Management, Bid Management and Engineering Teams to put together winning solutions and RFP Responses.
- Follow through closed deals and solutions to ensure proper order and timely implementation. Detail oriented and very thorough and comprehensive Solution Design Document (SDD) experience required. Ability to self-organize and work within the post sales environment with Project Management and Service Management as necessary.
Top Skill Requirements
Include skill requirements in domain, leadership and behavioural:
- Time Management Skills - Ability to multi task and meet multiple timelines
- Strong written, oral communication skills to include presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and a professional business image. Be smart and presentable
- Customer focused, Results oriented. Provide a consultative approach to developing customer solutions and design. Demonstrate a high level of maturity and technical knowledge that engenders confidence
- Experience of developing long-term business relationships within key decision makers in large organizations. Has a level of maturity and technical knowledge that engenders confidence and is analytical and pragmatic in the understanding of requirements
- Experience of teaming effectively with others across different disciplines, functions and organizations. An action oriented team player with the ability to lead internal and technical discussions.
- Support the development of business opportunities in conjunction with the sales team. Role will require working with partner sales and solution team and aligning objectives to achieve the mutual goals. Where appropriate provide consultancy to aid partner’s customers in the development of their requirements.
- Understand partners and their end customer requirements; assist in the qualification processes and by utilizing the company's standard product and services portfolio to create a suitable solution in concept.
- Actively participate in the RFI/RFP process and development of the technical aspects of proposals in line with customer needs, liaising and qualifying with other colleagues as necessary. Present technical solutions to customers both formally and informally as required
- Author the Technical Sections of Proposals for prospective customers for handover to low level design.
- Participate with sales in winning customer commitment by carrying out specific tasks called for by the sales campaign plan. Generally, this will include presenting the company's technical competence and the customer specific technical solution.
- Validate appropriate order documentation initiated by sales prior to submission to the order desk or in the case of projects, to brief Project Management and Engineering to ensure they are equipped to deliver the solution.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of telecommunications products and services, specifically related to an assigned 'Subject Matter Expert' area.
- Provide product knowledge transfer to other members of the sales organisation to enhance their ability to use products to create customer solutions.
- Stay abreast of technical issues, options and advancements within the industry relevant to the company’s services portfolio.
Technical Qualification- Requirements:
- Technical expertise in OSI Layers – Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 2 fundamentals
- Knowledge of Data Center Virtualization and storage technologies, IT Security Solutions, Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization
- Knowledge of Cisco and Microsoft Collaboration solutions
- Knowledge of Mobility and IoT technologies
- Data networking experience including: MPLS, VPLS, Leased Line / Private Line technologies, Backbone Transmission. Knowledge of routing protocols, Quality of Service technologies and LAN/WAN industry architectures.
- Knowledge of Ethernet WAN Services; Ethernet of MPLS, Ethernet over SONET/SDH and Provider Backbone Bridges. Knowledge of MEF services (ELINE, ELAN, EVPN)
- Familiarity with network security (FW, IDS, IPS, DDOS D&M) platforms, and protection methods against flooding, denial of service etc.
- Provision of sales support to assigned qualified sales opportunities and turning this into successful business wins.
- Demonstrable maintenance or enhancement of personal technical skills
- Effective working relationship with other departments participating in the sales process
Achievement of ‘Trusted Advisor’ status in customer relationships.
· Client and Partner Focussed
· Results oriented
· Positive can do attitude
· Relentless – will not give in
· Positive energy
· Collaborative and team player
· Takes ownership and accountability for situation
· Key abilities in selling with or through partners/ relationship building
· Preferably sold in a similar industry (hospitality)
· Able to build strong and trusting relationships
· Creative and Versatile
· Good listening Skills / humility
· Culture Sensitivities / local experience
- Confident and comfortable with client’s interactions
- Analytical and possess the ability to solve problems permanently
- Must be a good team player with eye for details and improvement.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.