Key Words: Software Engineering, CI/CD, Continuous Testing, Software Validation, Biotechnology, Medical Devices
Role: Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global organisation in the Biotechnology domain. They specialise in providing solutions and tools used for research and development in the biotech space.
About the Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer
- Our client is looking for a driven and talented bioinformatics software engineer to join the verification team.
- The team focuses on developing tools to evaluate and analyse large datasets, setting up a CI/CD and automated testing infrastructure. Improving the databases and websites that are used for verification activities.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Experience in developing software applications using high level languages such as Python, Java, C#, or C++ is a must.
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals such as: OOP, data structures, SOLID principles, unit testing, TDD, SQL
- Master’s/PhD with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Understand Bioinformatics, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Oncology, or related fields of biology.
- Experience in design or architecture of automated verification framework and tests.
- Experience with CI/CD, Continuous Testing, and related tools such as Jenkins or the likes.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS and docker.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Written scripts in bash or other scripting languages
- Experience in formal verification of software or system in a regulated environment (e.g., medical devices)
- Working experience with software or system verification & validation.
- Curious, detail-oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of their assigned tasks.
- Ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Sound troubleshooting skills.
- Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for data analysis software.
- Partner with software, bioinformatics developers and domain experts to design, perform and improve verification tests.
- Design and implement automated software verification framework and scripts.
- Prepare test artifacts required for formal software/product release
- Develop and execute automated tests.
- Analyse and report test results
- Partake in Code and Design Reviews.
- Ensure Software Development Life Cycle procedures are followed.
- Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.