Key Words: IoT Hardware, Gateway, Sensors, Hardware Design, Connectivity, Embedded systems, Processor selection, Communication interface, LoraWAN, Zigbee, ZWave, PCB Layout design, gateway, sensors, connectivity
Role: Solution Architect, Hardware
Industry: Information Technology, IoT
Function: Solution Architecture, Hardware Design and development, Production and Testing
About Our Client
Our client designs develop and operate innovative software solutions that help customers globally both in the Internet of Things (IoT) and in the traditional enterprise environment. The company’s package is provided as Platform as a Service (PaaS) and allows the interaction of devices, users, companies and partners on a centralized platform.
Their expertise in the IoT domain with a proven track record in multiple vertical gives the leading edge in executing complex and challenging projects. Extensive experience and solutions in the various domain have improved lives with respect to safety, living quality and innovations. Elevator has gone through multiple paradigm shifts; it is being used very widely and is one of the most efficient modes to vertical transportation.
With their experience in cloud technology and strong sensor capabilities as well as domain expertise in the ‘Internet of Things’, they are recognised as a leader in Cloud Industry IoT Platform in Asia Pacific, they are involved in initiating the next shift in the elevator industry with their Monitoring Solution to improve the lift safety, maintenance, operations as well as costs.
About the Solution Architect Hardware
- You will be working on exciting projects, an ideal opportunity to expand on your previous theoretical knowledge by being part of daily operations and working with actual commercial projects You will have the opportunity to make use of your creativity to contribute your ideas
- You will work on practical hands-on development and prototyping of IoT solutions
- You will bring in your own ideas by participating in designing and implementing embedded hardware in the Elevator Monitoring space
- Spearhead hardware development for General IoT projects globally, specifically for elevator monitoring
- Designing new hardware prototype based on existing company's or External sensors
- Work with all cross-functional teams to deliver a successful product to market.
- Plan and lead validation of your designs: lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power modelling/test, system coexistence testing and certifications (CE, FCC, IDA, etc.)
- Bring designs to mass production by setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up, travelling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully
- Work with and manage suppliers/manufacturing partners to establish mutually beneficial relationships for future product designs.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics, physics or anything related.
- Extensive experience in full lifecycle of hardware design.
- Experience working in an R&D type of environment.
- A technological overview of IoT Hardware (gateway, sensors, connectivity)
- Hands-on testing experience to evaluate various devices and sensors for use in the General IoT space
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication interface(peripherals) and protocols (especially USB-C, SPI, I2C, UART, MIDI, DSI, MODBUS TCP/IP and RS232/RS485)
- Experience with RF such as LoraWAN, Zigbee, ZWave, 802.15.4 etc.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support, and experience in embedded systems i.e. C, Java, and node.js etc.
- Entrepreneurial thinking, Make or Buy Decision, working in international teams
- Having PCB layout design is an advantage and understanding of Electrical Engineering fundamentals, including the ability to design high speed digital and/or analogue systems
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.