Role: Solution Architect Director
Industry: Telecommunications, Information Technology
Function: Leadership, Technical Leadership, Management
About Our Client,
Our client is a multinational telecommunications organization, operating across the globe providing extensive services across Core Network, Security, Managed Services, Cloud and more. Following the integration of various partnerships with global businesses, our client is now positioned to offer one complete portfolio of IT and Telco services to major global clients across all industries.
About the Solution Architect Director,
- Overall accountability for development of the complete operational and technical solution to be contracted for by large multi-BU projects or outsourcing clients
- As a key member of the regional pre-sales client facing bid response team:
- establishes agreed upon customer business requirements;
- understands and evaluates customer compelling events;
- determines which criteria forms the underlying foundation upon which the solution will be based.
- Builds confidence with the customer and supports the Business Partner in selling the solution.
- Lead the production of a corresponding strategy, design and cost structure incorporating existing customer services.
- Ensure from the solution launch meeting through contract signature that all support and approvals required from the company’s business units and service delivery organizations is secured.
- Engage and lead all service block managers, as well as other internal and third party resources assigned through development of the solution during pre-sales and contracting phase of an outsourcing or large project opportunity.
- Consolidate all inputs into a coherent, consistent, and compliant format, in order to:
- develop an optimal and innovative value add solution;
- create associated cost models; and ensure delivery of proposal documentation.
- During the due diligence phase direct the technical due diligence teams;
- and participate in contract negotiations once down-selected.
- Provide knowledge transfer to the assigned CBU manager and his (her) team after signature of the contract.
? Assigned as a core team member to further qualify an opportunity before bringing to full RDAC qualification
? Perform an assessment of the opportunity and complete the solution qualification dashboard, for inclusion within the RDAC qualification review pack
? Produce a “first cut, rough order magnitude (ROM)” model of the opportunity for inclusion within the qualification review “(ROM tools permitting)”
? Work closely with the customer to understand their business objectives and compelling criteria to better shape the company’s solution. During solution development and negotiations of scope change present the solution as required to expedite achieving a high level of agreement. Finalize the baseline through negotiate with the customer to gain agreement on technical and operational findings as a result of due diligence.
? Accountable for the production of an optimal solution meeting customer requirements utilizing the company’s capabilities directly, through Partners, or other Third Parties. Engage and direct service block managers, design architects, and subject matter experts as required. Negotiate scope and service level adjustments during presales phase as required. Combine all available solutions and services internally and Third Party resources to generate standard and non-standard service blocks. Responsible for obtaining the necessary validations and approvals for both solution and associated costs. Accountable for identification and quantification of the corresponding gaps and risk factors (technical, costing, SLA)
? Lead the production of the consolidated technical solution proposal documents including presentations as required, working closely with the Bid Program Manager
? Last point of escalation for unresolved issues within the technical and operations arena.
? Ensure early identification of transformation scenarios to the target solution, in conjunction with corresponding risk and cost factors.
Bid negotiation & Handover
? Support the contracting process as the lead for the solution within the negotiating team, assessing customer desired changes relative to the impact on the solution and financial, as well as associated consequence of these changes.
? work with legal team to develop contractual schedules related to service offer
? Lead the handover of the solution team deliverables to the post sales teams
Provide technical thought leadership
? demonstrate knowledge of industry technical developments within the Infrastructure and Solutions sectors; provide regular assessment of competitor propositions
? contribute to the company’s Knowledge Management Repository to bring industry-leading solutions; stimulate creativity to ensure the company’s positioning as a market leader
Maintain a thorough understanding of internal tools, systems and processes required to develop quality / approved technical proposals to customers.
Maintain a high degree of knowledge of all the company’s products, services and solutions sets
? Contribute to improvements within Pre-Sales
? Based on specific skills and project assignment work activity could be focused at the global or regional level
? ensure successful innovative solutions are circulated and shared as developing best practice through mentoring, coaching and ad-hoc seminars as appropriate
? Contribute to other knowledge communities to build a best practice approach across future solutions.
Key Expected results/Outcomes on this role:
Improved deal qualification by providing a solution perspective:
1. assessing the customer fit with the company’s capabilities
2. evaluation of ROM assessment as to determine whether or not there is a true outsourcing business opportunity
? as a result of outsourced, out tasked or managed service solution propositions being based on an agreed customer baseline, that meets the customer requirements in combination with internal company’s win themes and cost targets.
? Assurance that the solution has been through rigorous internal validation processes involving all required BU and delivery organizations.
? Decide on how each service block design and cost will be addressed to obtain highly optimized and cost effective solution
? Management of the solution team to ensure cohesive and consistent solution is developed
? Assurance that post-sales team have a clear understanding of the company’s contractual obligations to customer
? Proposal collateral including but not limited to proposal text, statements of work, cost models and presentations are stored in accordance with internal quality policies and procedures
? Assurance that negotiated changes are kept synchronized with associated costs and statements of work and have internal validation where required.
? Effective handover to post sales teams
? Improved leadership for solutions in support of customers:
? Accountability for quality contributions to the Solutions KM repository and its maintenance.
? Improvement in win rates
? Introduction of new ways of working
? Leading workstreams or activities or representing the Sales and Marketting business when assigned to corporate IT projects (design input, design approval, user acceptance testing) ensures knowledge is shared and distributed on a regular basis
*Financial - this position is part of the presales response team and classified as nonbillable
? Performs as a mentor to less experienced technical staff providing on the job training
? A core team member contributing to the proposal strategy and solution development with responsibility for managing the solution team during the creation of the customer solution
? May lead sub project teams when assigned to pre-sales practice projects
Knowledge and abilities
? engage and partner with customers at a business and technical level
? deliver solutions which provide high value throughout the full life cycle
? identify and develop key partner and vendor relationships as required to deliver fully integrated solutions
? build confidence with customers around the company’s capabilities and solutions
Education, Qualifications, and Certifications
Degree in science (or other relevant field).
Graduate / advanced degree in business or science
Accreditation / Certification in area of expertise
Benefits and Perks:
- A comprehensive and attractive salary package, depending on experience.
- Medical, dental and life insurance.