Key Words: Solution Architect, Pre-Sales, Industry 4.0, M2M, Big Data, IoT, MES, Manufacturing
Role: Solution Architect
Industry: Manufacturing, Information Technology
Function: Solution Architecture, Technical Design
About Solution Architect role:
- You will act as a technical advisor to customers and sales teams on software solutions related to industrial manufacturing and logistics (Industry 4.0). This will involve active engagements with customers from manufacturing and industry sectors to gather requirements, identify business problems and devise potential solutions. It will be necessary to propose conceptual and functions solutions to support the tendering process and also to provide product training to customers and partners.
- Taking the lead on prototype development, the Solution Architect will then perform demonstrations and drive innovative Industry 4.0 solutions.
- You will be expected to assume responsibility for the technical guidance of the team and ensure that the Professional Services team are able to deliver on your designs.
- By coordinating with different product lines, you will ensure roadmaps are aligned and provide input to product development teams about technical feature gaps which might require development.
- Working with the Marketing team, you will evangelize solutions within the industry including at trade shows and create solution design assets for internal use to accelerate sales cycles and positively impact solutions quality
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in presales function and technology environment involving Information Technology in the manufacturing sector and a solid knowledge of Industry4.0.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and industry- MES, ERP, SAP
- Manufacturing methodologies (e.g. lean manufacturing etc)
- Solid understanding and work experience of Apache Camel, Java, Java script and related frameworks (e.g. AngularJS, Ext JS, node JS), OPC UA, XML, REST and SOAP.
- Experience in manufacturing processes, hardware, protocols, standards and technology (e.g. RS232, RS 485, modbus, PLC, RFID, OPC, Spindle...) used in the industry.
- Experience in cloud technology and related architecture (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Service orientated Architecture, Micro services etc.).
- Sound understanding of J2EE platform and web technologies (e.g. XSLT, XPath, WSDL, BPE, asynchronous/ synchronous communications patterns, Spring, Spring Boot etc.).
- Comfortable with database and server configurations.
- Working experience in supply chain and logistics will be an added benefit
- Minimum 3 years‘ of experience on MES, M2M, and industry related technologies.
- Working experience in complete software development processes and exposure to BPM, BRM, Dashboard tools will be an added benefit
- Able to travel 20% of the time for work.