Key Words: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Statistical modelling, Analytics, Data Modelling, Apache Spark, MPP DB, NoSQL, Hadoop, Scala, Python, R, Tableau
Role: Senior Data Scientist, Cyber
Industry: Security, Information Technology and Services
Function: Data Science, Data Modelling, Data Analysis, Data Management
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing Cybersecurity solutions and services. They offer expertise and extensive capabilities that cater to customers cybersecurity needs. Their competencies are Managed Security Services, Security Consulting, Cybersecurity Advisory and Assurance Services, Security Architecture, design and system integration services, Advanced threat detection, threat hunting incident response and Cyber Analytics.
Our client has established a strong track record in providing cybersecurity services for over 2 decades now, serving both public and private sectors.
About the Senior Cyber Data Scientist
- Familiarise with the company’s business domain and objectives to implement cybersecurity analytics solutions that meet internal business requirements and the needs of industry partners and customers.
- Develop, evaluate, tune, deploy, maintain, and document production-grade data analytics models that provide cybersecurity insights.
- Work on a large volume of raw, structured, and unstructured data from internet traffic, logs and other forms of data sources using Apache Spark, MPP DB, NoSQL, Hadoop, Scala, Python, R, Tableau etc on daily basis.
- Evaluate potential solutions relating to data analytics and make recommendations to solve business problems.
- Liaise and work with in-house developers, data engineers, big data architects, visualization engineers and project managers to better understand the requirements of developing, deploying and productizing models.
- Ensure the analytics models are running in optimal condition and perform troubleshooting when the models are having issue.
- Advocate and ensure security best practices.
- Manage technical data science projects and improve data science workflow and processes periodically.
- Coach and review the work of junior data scientists.
- Able to manage and resolve difficult and complex technical problems with minimal supervision.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or any other related quantitative field.
- Experience working in a data science position, ideally in the cybersecurity industry and has worked with security logs/network data.
- Experience and expertise in probability and statistical modelling, inclusive of machine learning, experimental design, evaluation, and optimization
- Proficiency in Scala, Python, R, Java, Spark, and SQL, among others
- Ability to perform rapid prototyping and proof of concept using visualization and dashboarding tools such as Tableau.
- Experience in implementing projects using machine learning and deep learning frameworks using tools such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, MxNet, Spark, Hadoop, R, pandas
- Solid technical background with hands-on experience in conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and deploying statistical or machine learning models in the big data environment (e.g., Hadoop)
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Team-player, result-oriented, proactive, self-driven, requiring minimal supervision.
- Creative problem-solving skills, highly organized, with ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.