Key Words: Data Protection, Insider Threat Detection, Information Security, DLP Technologies, Client Engagement, Project Management, Consulting
Role: Principal / Senior Consultant for Data Protection and Security
Industry: Managed Security Services, Security Consulting
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing Cybersecurity solutions and services. They offer expertise and extensive capabilities that cater to customers cybersecurity needs. Their competencies are Managed Security Services, Security Consulting, Cybersecurity Advisory and Assurance Services, Security Architecture, design and system integration services, Advanced threat detection, threat hunting incident response and Cyber Analytics.
Our client has established a strong track record in providing cybersecurity services for over 2 decades now, serving both public and private sectors.
About the Principal / Senior Consultant for Data Protection and Security
- You will guide and collaborate with clients in profiling of information security, data security, and protection requirements in accordance with the business nature and technologies deployed.
- You will design, develop, implement, and advise the clients on insider threat management and data loss protection policies and standards to enable the smooth implementation of these solutions.
- You will develop appropriate methodologies, frameworks, and approaches to address project objectives
- You will drive the organisation towards positive business results, reinforce the organisation’s strategic objectives, achieve improvements in effectiveness, gain efficiencies and increase their maturity
- You will provide critical analysis of the evolving cybersecurity landscape, contextualizing development trends for our clients’ industry and operating environment
- You can recommend fit-for-purpose insider threat detection and data loss prevention and other cybersecurity solutions to clients, using a defensible methodology.
- You will apply engineering and design principles, theories, and concepts to assignments, including the development of documentation and artefacts.
- You will contribute to the development of intellectual capital and the building of brand presence.
- You will be proactively managing stakeholder communication related to deliverables, risks, changes and dependencies.
- Support cross-functional projects that require resources from multiple business units.
- You will communicate, work in partnership with distributed teams internally and externally in a diverse and global environment.
- Experience with data protection implementation programs, insider threat detection use case development, data security classification and information security classification programs.
- Operational experience in the use of insider threat detection and data protection technologies to manage and monitor data loss incidents.
- Strong foundation in data protection and privacy, including contexts such as: GDPR, PDPA, PDPO, etc.
- Strong foundation on data protection technologies such as: UEBA solutions, endpoint/network/email DLP solutions, CASB, Data Masking and Anonymisation, Data Erasure, etc.
- Familiar (worked) or keen in a consulting environment including both internal and client facing experiences.
- Excellent presentation and briefing skills.
- Familiar with international cybersecurity standards such as: NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST SP 800-53, or ISO 27001/2, IEC62443
- Professional certifications such as: CISSP, HCISSP, CRISC, CDPSE, CISM, CISA, CIPP, CIPM, CDPO
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Applied Sciences, Information Security, Accounting, Law, Behavioural Sciences, Applied Psychology or other equivalents
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- You may be subjected to security investigations and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- You are able to show adaptability, initiative and innovation when dealing with ambiguity and fast-paced situations.
*The more experienced candidates can be considered for more senior roles.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Data Protection Officer or Data Protection Manager
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Information Security Officer or Information Security Manager
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Privacy Officer or Privacy Manager
- Minimum 2 years of experience with at least one of the following technologies: Digital Guardian Endpoint/Network DLP, Forcepoint DLP, McAfee Total Protection DLP and Proofpoint Email DLP
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies: Bitglass, McAfee MVISION Cloud CASB, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Netskope Security Cloud
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies: Exabeam Entity Analytics, Splunk UBA, Forcepoint BA and Securonix UEBA
- A minimum of 2 years of project management experience
- Experience with working with global clients, someone with global exposure and an understanding of the competitive landscape
- Experience in requirements gathering, design, and implementation for insider threat management and data protection programmes is a plus.
- Proficiency in one or more regional languages and dialects
- Competence in Microsoft Office, Power BI and Tableau
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via email@example.com. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.