Key Words: Security Analyst, Data Protection, Security+, Network+, Security Operations Center, Security Engineering, Security Administration, SIEM
Role: Security Engineer
Industry: Systems Integration, Information Technology, Managed Services
Function: Security Operations Centre
About Our Client
Our client is focused on delivering a comprehensive range of IT Security services to blue chip and public sector clients. Their philosophy is to deliver high quality testing, consultancy services and unsurpassed levels of support to the client base.
They offer specialisation in areas like Information Security, Penetration Testing, Red Teaming, PCI & Payment Security, Research, Security Assessments, Compliance, Mobile Security, Incident Response, Scanning Services, Training, Threat Modelling, Cyber Security, Cyber Defence, and Phishing Assessments
Our client offers a positive, enthusiastic working environment where knowledge sharing is encouraged between all members of the organisation, with excellent training provided to help team members in up skilling themselves to become better at what they do.
About the Security Engineer:
The Security Engineer will serve as a technical resource and leader. The position centers on security and availability of customer data as it is brought into the company. The Security Engineer will assist in working with new clients as they transition into the company's service. This includes ensuring timely deployment of services, developing a personalized on-boarding strategy for each customer and auditing of systems reporting from the client to the Security Operation Center
- Assist in the on-boarding and implementation of their service and Managed Security Services solutions for clients across industries and geographic locations.
- Act as a technical liaison between the company and its customers during the on-boarding process.
- Review technical security posture (network, application, and database) for existing and newly acquired businesses or services.
- Perform security reviews and monitoring of the production environment.
- Perform the installation and configuration of security monitoring tools in support of our service.
- Use out of the box thinking as well as industry standard troubleshooting tools, such as, Wireshark, TCPDUMP, and other tools, to facilitate on-boarding of customer data sources.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Information Technology or any related discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Information Technology IT Security in a SOC or NOC environment working with a broad range of technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of general networking and security principles and practices required including previous work experience in areas such as Network Administration, Network Engineering, Security Engineering and Security Administration
- Effective time & task management skills
- Basic Unix or Linux systems administration and command-line experience (Redhat/Linux, FreeBSD, etc)
- Experience in the configuration and troubleshooting of IPSec VPN tunnels.
- Knowledge with network analysis tools, such as, Wireshark and TCPDump and SCP
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows environments as may pertain to Network and Security tasks including syslog, DNS, load balancers and BIND, BigIP command line on BSD, Windows Event Log
- Scripting/programming skills (Perl, Python) and familiarity with ethical hacking (advantage)
- Certifications such as Security+ and Network+
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
+65 6589 8787
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via email@example.com. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.