Key Words: Pre-sales, Technical and commercial leadership, Solutions sales, Leadership, Backup, Disaster recovery, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud
Role: Sales Engineering Manager
Industry: Information Technology, Computer Software
Function: Presales, Leadership
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing Data Protection and Back Up systems, protecting data across any environment from physical, virtual, cloud, mobile and applications.
About the Sales Engineering Manager
- This role will be a vital member of the sales division, responsible for providing effective sales support across the region.
- This role will be leading a team of Sales Engineers providing leadership and guidance during presales engagements and acting as a senior IC when necessary for large/strategic opportunities across the region.
- You will report to the Regional Sales VP and dotted line to the Global Head of Sales Engineering.
- You will be providing technical and business leadership to the regional SE Team that will result in overall business development in the region
- Identify, develop and implement organizational, operational and process enhancements to drive Team’s efficiency and effectiveness;
- Execute performance assessment, educate, train and provide technical guidance to the SE Team, develop education plans for the members of the Team
- Perform goal setting, validation of deliverables vs targets, ensuring those are aligned with Sales revenue targets and strategy
- Execute quality control and change control, validate the completeness and quality of SE deliverables
- Perform day-to-day operational management for the regional SE Team
- Develop tools and templates to reduce time to develop quotes, solution proposals, and responses to RFIs, and RFPs and raise Team effectiveness
- Cascade information and feedback about partners’ and customers’ requirements and scenarios to the company’s Product Management department
- Execute win/loss analysis and take reactive and proactive actions to increase overall success rate
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed on regular basis on the progress of presale engagements with prospective partners and customers.
- At some point, act as an individual contributor in key opportunities development – analyse prospective partners’ and customers’ business requirements, go to market strategy, security, audit, retention, and other policies associated with protection or transfer of the data;
- Develop responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Develop business proposals outlining the company’s solution to identified business, regulatory, and internal policies & requirements
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders and influencers within strategic accounts with a significant focus placed on continuous discovery, gap analysis and new opportunities development
- Participate in onsite and remote meetings and roadshows with prospective customers and partners as the company’s technology senior expert, conduct demos and pitch the company’s products and technologies throughout the sales cycle.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field such as information science, information security or similar
- Solid career in the technology industry;
- Extensive experience in IT solutions sales and/or presales
- Experience leading a team
- Strong technical background in the following: Backup, disaster recovery, storage
- Knowledge in the following technologies: Virtualisation Cloud, Operating systems, TCP IP and Networking Principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travelling (40%)
- Positive can do attitude
- Relentless – will not give in
- Positive energy
- Collaborative and team player
- Takes ownership and accountability for situation
- Creative and Versatile
- Good listening Skills / humility
- Culture Sensitivities / local experience
- Project management / implementation
- Analytical and possess the ability to solve problems permanently
- Must be a good team player with eye for details and improvement.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.