Key Words: Presales, Technical and commercial strategy, Solutions sales, Backup, Disaster recovery, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud
Role: Sales Engineer
Industry: Information Technology, Computer Software
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing Data Protection and Back Up systems, protecting data across any environment from physical, virtual, cloud, mobile and applications.
About the Sales Engineer
As a Sales Engineer, you will work closely with the Sales Team to execute pre-sales activities that will drive Sales activities within the region assigned. The SE must drive adoption of the company’s products and solutions in customer and partner settings by articulating the strengths of the company’s solutions, understanding the requirements and match the solutions to deliver the wins.
- Deliver presentations to customers, partners and public audiences on the company’s technology and solutions
- Facilitate and manage customer evaluations, and proof of concept activities for the company’s solutions.
- Position compelling solutions targeted at solving the customer’s business problems, over and above specific technical requirements, and acting as technical advisor to the customer.
- Produce written proposals and technical responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Conduct hands-on demonstrations and knowledge transfer of the company’s solutions to customers/channel partners.
- Working with the company’s Academy and delivering Certification courses to partners
- Develop customer solution proposals and supporting documentation for review by the customer and The company management.
- Provide customer and market input to Product Management, Engineering, Customer Service, and other pertinent groups within The company.
- Maintain knowledge on major industry developments; be capable of handling customer inquiries on these matters
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid experience as Pre-Sales SE supporting sales and designing customer solutions based around storage software, storage hardware and/or backup software and hardware.
- Good understanding of IT storage software and computing architectures, including experience in storage and storage infrastructure, networks, operating systems and applications.
- Good working knowledge of SAN/NAS, Networking and Backup
- Strong knowledge of the Storage and Backup industry with the ability to evaluate the competitive strengths and weaknesses of products.
- Backup and/or Storage solution design experience
- Knowledge of Virtualization platforms like VMware, Hyper-V
- Knowledge of Databases like, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Oracle, storage networks (SAN/NAS), Backup/Recovery, DR and BC (Business Continuity).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to translate customers business requirements into technical solutions which deliver genuine benefits back to the business.
- Must be a good listener, creative, intuitive, and have the ability to resolve problems in potentially stressful situations.
- Must be a confident and assertive professional, acting as an independent but also capable of working within a team.
- Must display effective management of time and resources with strong project management skills.
- Must be an articulate, persuasive and polished oral and written communicator, able to effectively discuss and negotiate around technical issues.
- Self-motivated, customer oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic, showing an intense entrepreneurial mindset.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Relentless – will not give in
- Positive energy
- Collaborative and team player
- Takes ownership and accountability for situation
- Creative and Versatile
- Good listening Skills / humility
- Culture Sensitivities / local experience
- Project management / implementation
- Analytical and possess the ability to solve problems permanently
- Must be a good team player with an eye for details and improvement.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.