Key Words: Threat Management, Cloud Security, Network Security, Intrusion Prevention, Network Defense, Endpoint Security, Presales, Professional Services
Role: Sales Engineer
Industry: Security, Computer Software, Information Technology
About Our Client
You will be joining a market leading Security Vendor, who are rated #1 in a range of categories and are continuing their vertical expansion in Singapore, with this role being focused on supporting the sales engagements around Intrusion Prevention and Network Defense.
About the Sales Engineer,
The sales engineer will partner with the sales team in positioning the solutions of the organisation to the customers
This person will also articulate the company’s products and solutions relative to the competitors in the market.
Benefits and Perks:
- A comprehensive and attractive salary package, depending on experience.
- Medical, dental and life insurance.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in the following: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or otherrelated field.
- At least 5 years working experience in Pre-Sales activities to large enterprise or government sector or related field.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the security industry, solutions and trends. In-depth knowledge of multiple Operating Systems (LINUX, Solaris, Netware or Windows 200x).
- Ability to present security technologies/solutions, with knowledge of the security solutions in the market and at least one or more in network technologies.
- Knowledge in the following:
- Internet architecture
- Network infrastructure
- UNIX, Windows
- VMware, Bigfix, Cisco
- Email Messaging Security and Web Security is important
- Exposure to doing solution proposals and provide presentation to senior management.
- Exposure to the following security software solutions with expertise in at least 2 to 3 of the following:
- Content Security
- Intrusion prevention
- Data leakage
- Data protection
- Monitoring security
- In-depth knowledge of the company’s competitor products (desirable)
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud innovation technologies
- Experience in channel enablement on the technology and products of the company.
- Exposure to managing POCs
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Work on pre-sales activities which includes the following:
- Understanding customer’s IT security and business requirements.
- Solution selling
- Solution Presentation / Demos / POCs
- Join conference call discussions
- Business Solution Proposals
- RFI / RFP Preparation
- Manage, train and update channel partner presales team/counterpart/engineer regarding the products of the company.
- Ensure that the company’s products adhere to the customer’s requirements and help in the technical qualification.
- Do routine updates to internal sales colleagues regarding product or technology updates.
- Collaborate with the Regional or Global product teams (product manager, product marketing), to ensure latest product knowledge.
- Represent the company during press interviews or technology launches regarding security products.
- Conduct competitor product analysis and/or write technical white papers.
- Desirable: Possess or in process to obtain Industry or Technical Certifications such as: TCSE, MCP, ITIL, CCNA, CISSP, CNE, MCSE, SUN Professional
· Positive can do attitude
· Relentless – will not give in
· Positive energy
· Collaborative and team player
· Takes ownership and accountability for situation
· Passionate about security solutions / technologies
· Creative and Versatile
· Good listening Skills / humility
· Culture Sensitivities / local experience
· Business/Commercial minded
· Updated with Technology trends
· Analytical and possess the ability to solve problems permanently
· Must be a good team player with eye for details and improvement.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.