About Our Client
Our client is a market leading Principal Security vendor, who are regularly ranked #1 in a host of categories. Following some recent major acquisitions and increase in market share, they are seeking to further expand their already dominant presence in APAC.
About the Sales Engineer
Working with the sales team, the Sales Engineer will develop and position solutions for the full product suite. The consultant also needs to articulate and demonstrate solutions, and position products relative to competition. Using a strategic solution selling approach, you will perform demonstrations and PoC and prepare RFI/RFP. You will need to utilize your strong knowledge in virtualization and cloud innovation technology.
- Act as technology / product expert for the Enterprise Channel Partner
- Ensure the products meet customer’s requirements and assist in the technical qualification process
- Perform updates on new product/ technology to the internal sales staff.
- Assist Regional / Global Product Manager and Product Marketing Manager to stay abreast of latest developments in the Security market
- Confidently act as company representative during Press interviews on technology or Security products
- Conduct competitor’s product analysis; Write technical white papers.
- Obtain an Industry or Technical Certification (i.e. TCSE, MCP, ITIL, CCNA, CISSP, CNE, MCSE, SUN Professional) or equivalent within time-frame established by the manager)
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Pre-Sales activities to large enterprise or government sector or related field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the security industry. In-depth knowledge of multiple Operating Systems (LINUX, Solaris, Netware or Windows 200x).
- Possess good technical knowledge in Internet architecture, network infrastructure, UNIX, Windows, VMware, Bigfix, Cisco, Email Messaging Security and Web Security is essential.
- Experience in preparing business solution proposal and provide corporate presentation to senior management.
- Knowledge in Security solutions including Firewall, Content Security, Intrusion prevention, encryption, data leakage, data protection and monitoring security will be added advantage.
- Possess similar experience on enablement Channel community in building enterprise channel sales/presales on the product/ technology knowledge and experience in managing POC funnel will be added advantage.