Presales, Bid, Transition and Transformation, Managed Services, Network, Communications, Cloud, Stakeholder Management, Customer Engagement
Role: Regional Solution Architect
Industry: Information Technology, Telecommunications
Function: Bid Qualification, Bid Response, Solution Execution, Consulting and Pre-Sales, Knowledge Preservation and Solution Development
About Our Client
Our client is a fully integrated info-communications company, offering a full range of information, communications and technology services for both consumer and enterprise markets offering the latest solutions. They are also a market leader in global managed network services.
About the Regional Solution Architect,
The main role is to support the Sales organisation in large and complex opportunities through owning, driving and executing the solution strategy from qualification to handover to the implementation team.
- You are responsible for developing a comprehensive and competitive solution that is financially sound and can be operated leveraging the company’s existing / emerging solutions, customer specific development and third party services.
- You will own the technical leadership and securing the sign-offs (acceptance) with the technical architecture team, service delivery organizations and third-party providers.
- Parts of your work activity covers development of technical architecture; service level agreements; overall solution costing; delivery planning; and offer elaboration inclusive of customer facing activates such as presentations and negotiations as required.
- Use the key competencies to engage into solution training of sales, pre-sales or delivery resources.
- You are part of the RFP team for opportunities, besides this, you will also also support the lead generation, using his technical knowledge and industry insights, in cooperation with the Sales Team.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Masters or Degree in related engineering, computer science or ICT field
- At least 10 years’ experience in the APAC Communications and/or ICT industry
- Record of leadership in winning large complex multi-million ICT deals, with your role as a Solutions Architect/Presales
- Excellent communication skills, both skills written and verbal
- Fluent English is a must, another Asian Language can be an advantage
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams: sales, business development, service delivery, operations, engineering and consulting
- Industry-wide knowledge / market leadership in IT Services
- Evaluate opportunity in cooperation with the sales team including customer interaction
- Perform an assessment of the opportunity and provide detail input to go / no go decision
- Improved deal qualification by providing a solution perspective: assessing the customer fit with the company’s capabilities
- Assess technical skills and the required personnel as well as assessing need for third party integration; identify appropriate partners
- Responsible for overall technical solution design including architecture, costing, FTE sizing, transition and transformation planning, service level, service management process, risk assessment and security compliance, assumptions and caveats focusing on increasing customer value and solution profitability, while reducing commercial and service delivery risks
- Responsible for the end-to-end validation/design of large, complex non-standard solutions covering technical architecture, delivery planning, compatibility check with the company’s operational infrastructure, costing and SLA
- Work with sourcing to mitigate SLA exposure and ensure best market costs with third party suppliers
- Ensure validation of non-standard solution components from the delivery units and document all acceptances by the delivery units with according signoffs of the technical solution
- Responsible for identifying non-standard costs and risks and evaluate the impact of these costs/risks on the solution with the Commercial / Risk Management team
- Support Preparation of the internal P/L for systematic approval before submission
- Identify and clarify technical, delivery and operational risks
- Ensure transition from Pre-Sales to Post-Sales via the handover process and if required, via support in the launch phase of the project; virtual member of implementation team for design issues
- Contribute to post-delivery implementation review, and capture of 'best practices' and 'lessons learnt'
- Special engagement in delivery phase upon special approval from Head of RSA APAC
Lead generation, Regional Consulting and Pre-Sales Support
- As requested, directly engage into strategic consulting and regional pre-sales activities as well as lead generation
- Directly engage with customers and lead/coordinate the overall delivery of Assessments and Pre Sales Consulting for strategic customers.
- Directly engage and contribute to Joint Opportunity Assessment or consulting assessment, specifically for base lining of existing services, and creation and pricing of both short-term improvement and end-state solution.
- Maintain strong relationship with consultant community and involve/contribute to workshops and internal trainings.
- Support the Account Managers as required for the preparation of an annual business plan, solution pipeline and order forecasts
Knowledge Preservation and Solution Development
- Identify reusable solutions and document them via the established process
- Directly contribute inputs to both standard and customized solution development
- Engage and partner with customers at a detailed technical, operational, compliance and financial level
- Analytical thinking, ability to summarize complex requirements
- Foresee and anticipate potential risk exposure at an operation or financial level
- Deliver solutions which provide high value throughout full life cycle
- Identify and develop key partner and vendor relationships as required to deliver fully integrated solutions
- Ability to manage (direct and virtual) a diverse and geographically disperse team of individuals by developing a clear solution strategy and driving for resutls
- Possession of thought leadership in best practice and transformation of business support from the presales community
- Demonstrated technology leadership in a fast developing ICT market, including MPLS networks, SDN/NFV, SD-WAN, security, CRM and Cloud Computing Services
- Good conflict management and negotiation skills
· Positive can do attitude
· Relentless – will not give in
· Positive energy
· Collaborative and team player
· Takes ownership and accountability for situation
· Creative and Versatile
· Good listening Skills / humility
· Culture Sensitivities / local experience
· Project management / implementation
· Analytical and possess the ability to solve problems permanently
· Must be a good team player with eye for details and improvement.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.