Key Words: Malware Analysis, Malware Reverse Engineering, Static Analysis, Dynamic Analysis, IoC, Scripting, Threat Analysis, x86/x64, C/C++, Windows API, and Windows OS internals, Disassemblers, Debuggers, IDA Pro, Ghidra, WinDbg, OllyDbg, Immunity Debugger, x64dbg
Role: Malware Analyst
Industry: Cybersecurity, Consulting
Function: Malware analysis, Reverse Engineering, Malware research
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing Cybersecurity solutions and services. They offer expertise and extensive capabilities that cater to customers cybersecurity needs. Their competencies are Managed Security Services, Security Consulting, Cybersecurity Advisory and Assurance Services, Security Architecture, design and system integration services, Advanced threat detection, threat hunting incident response and Cyber Analytics.
Our client has established a strong track record in providing cybersecurity services for over 2 decades now, serving both public and private sectors.
About the Malware Analyst
- You will be conducting reverse-engineering of malware in support of incident response/threat hunting and threat intelligence requirements
- You will be conducting static and dynamic analysis of malware, including building a semi-automated lab environment that is capable of prioritising and analysing large pool of samples
- You will be extracting Indicators of Compromise and use the resulting data to create detection model and knowledge base to detect similar activities in the future.
- You will develop scripts and solutions to automate the triage and analysis process, including automating sandboxes for dynamic analysis.
- You will be participating in threat analysis to correlate and attribute malware to threat actor
- You will conduct and/or manage joint research initiatives with industry partners and Institutes of Higher Learning
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Information Systems/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of threat actor APT and cybercrime groups.
- Experience and understanding of both cybercriminal and nation-state group motivations and typical TTPs (Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures)
- Relevant experiences in reverse engineering, threat analysis or malware analysis
- Strong knowledge of x86/x64 Instruction sets, C/C++, Windows API, and Windows OS internals
- Experience with modern offensive techniques and APT TTPs such as Living off the Land binaries (LOLBins)
- Experience in interactive disassembler and debuggers such as IDA Pro, Ghidra, WinDbg, OllyDbg, Immunity Debugger, x64dbg
- Knowledge of packers and obfuscation techniques as well as experience in defeating anti-analysis/anti-vm techniques
- Excellent in presenting technical details/findings clearly and concisely.
- Ability to pass security clearance due to sensitive projects that this role might be involved in.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
Senior Recruitment Consultant
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.