Key Words: Malware Analysis, Malware Research, Threat Analysis, Reverse Engineering, Network Protocols, OllyDbg
Role: Malware Analyst
Industry: Public Sector, Security, Information technology
Function: Malware Analysis, Threat Analysis, Malware Research
About Our Client
Our client is a national agency overseeing cybersecurity strategy, operation, education, outreach, and ecosystem development.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore and preferably a Singapore Citizen or Permanent resident due to the nature of projects that these roles will be responsible for.
• Knowledge and interest in malware analysis techniques, including the ability to perform dynamic and static analysis of malicious binaries and examine how the program interacts with its environment
• Good knowledge of network protocols (HTTP, FTP, POP3, SMTP, etc)
• Programming knowledge/experience in C (familiarity with Python or Perl will be beneficial)
• Experience in reverse engineering x86/64 assembly
• Strong foundation in algorithms
• Knowledge in IDA and OllyDbg
• Ability to document findings and assessment from malware analyses in clear and concise form
• Professional certifications, though preferred, are not mandatory.
• A team player with strong written and communication skills
As Malware Analyst, you will perform threat analysis and assessment on contemporary or emerging cyber-attack technologies and trends. This includes examining and analysing malware (such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses), exploits and vulnerabilities. Your responsibilities may also include managing the malware analysis lab and its supporting infrastructure. In addition, you will also be required to identify opportunities to leverage new IT technologies to enhance the malware analysis and assessment capabilities of the team.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via email@example.com. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.