Role: Head of Technology
Industry: Business to Consumer, B2C, Mobility, Lifestyle, E-commerce, Retail
About Our Client
Our client is an established organisation impacting the lives of millions of people from around the world. They are embarking on an exciting digital transformation which will impact the lifestyle of people with a direct and personable user experience. Our client has ambitious plans which involve a newly carved organisation using the latest technology within Mobility, Cloud, Data Science, ML and AI. This role will play a crucial part in forming the internal Software Engineering organisation and manage external vendors in order to executive the vision.
About the Head of Engineering:
- Define the overall technology strategy and budget, collaborate with internal stakeholders for product integration and lead the architecture in delivering an in-house, holistic and scalable platform.
- Embed an agile software development methodology and take the lead in promoting and delivering a culture of continuous iteration and collaboration throughout the entire organisation.
- Ensure scalability, robustness and security of the platform in accommodating demand spikes, and identify and drive continuous improvements; build automation engines to prevent recurrence of problems and enhance resiliency of mission-critical services.
- Drive research and development efforts to develop innovative and proprietary product features, and create intellectual property that can be used to enhance the value proposition of the platform.
- Recruit, manage, mentor and inspire a high-calibre technical team, taking a hands-on approach if necessary, such as conducting code reviews and driving delivery schedule.
- Resolve technical challenges in a timely and cost-effective manner, whilst ensuring technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization as the application starts to scale.
- Act as the technology domain expert in the management team to help define and deliver product strategy.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, emerging technology trends and software development best practices.
- Share knowledge and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff and stakeholders with regard to technology vision, opportunities and challenges.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or are looking to transition into this role, please feel free to send your CV to me at:
+65 6589 8787
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via email@example.com. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.