Key Words: Leadership, Technical Leadership, Management Presales Enablement, Transformation, Program Management
Role: Head of Solution Architect and Presales
Industry: Telecommunications, Information Technology
Function: Leadership, Technical Leadership, Management Presales Enablement, Transformation
About Our Client
Our client is a fully integrated info-communications company, offering a full range of information, communications and technology services for both consumer and enterprise markets offering the latest solutions. They are also a market leader in global managed network services.
About the Head of Solution Architect and Presales,
- Overall accountability for development of the complete operational and technical solution to be contracted for by large multi-BU projects or outsourcing clients
- As a key member of the regional pre-sales client facing bid response team:
- establishes agreed upon customer business requirements;
- understands and evaluates customer compelling events;
- determines which criteria forms the underlying foundation upon which the solution will be based.
- Builds confidence with the customer and supports the Business Partner in selling the solution.
- Lead the production of a corresponding strategy, design and cost structure incorporating existing customer services.
- Ensure from the solution launch meeting through contract signature that all support and approvals required from the company’s business units and service delivery organizations is secured.
- Engage and lead all service block managers, as well as other internal and third-party resources assigned through development of the solution during pre-sales and contracting phase of an outsourcing or large project opportunity.
- Consolidate all inputs into a coherent, consistent, and compliant format, in order to:
- develop an optimal and innovative value add solution;
- create associated cost models; and ensure delivery of proposal documentation.
- During the due diligence phase direct the technical due diligence teams;
- and participate in contract negotiations once down-selected.
- Provide knowledge transfer to the assigned CBU manager and his (her) team after signature of the contract.
- Leadership, transformation and overall management of the Presales Practice in Asia Pacific.
- In a matrix structure working in collaboration with the respective country Head of Global Solutions and Services and country presales team leaders, manage the Asia Pacific Presales Practice and lead the enablement and evolution of the presales community (Presales Solution Consultants and Regional Solution Architects) throughout Asia Pacific
- Development of the overall regional strategy and execution for a high performing and effective APAC Presales Practice that successfully engages with the Sales community and partners to win customer opportunities
- Evangelise the regional presales practice and ensure awareness and scope of presales behaviours and deliverables within the International Sales Process
- Drive the local country presales consultant teams’ operational plans to deliver established targets for orders and revenues
- Drive the transformation, evolution and enablement of the presales community across Asia Pacific in line with Global program and initiatives
- Coach and enable the APAC presales community to evangelize new technology and solutions to support the realization of customers’ digital transformation initiatives and requirements - be the CTO that can actively demonstrate, present and influence at the CxO Executive table the value proposition
- Re-design and maintain a program to ensure a highly skilled presales community with strong professional credentials
- In a matrix structure, via the Country Global Solutions and Service Managers, support development and enablement of the country-based Presales Solution Consultants and Solution Partners to provide accurate, deliverable, competitive, and profitable solutions.
- Support the development and enablement of the Regional Solution Architects to provide accurate, deliverable, competitive, and profitable solutions in support of transformational, complex and large opportunities.
- Support the Country global solutions and services Managers to implement and drive opportunity qualification and ensure that optimal presales resourcing including consideration of leveraging presales and solution architect resources across the region and globally where required.
- Continuously monitor, troubleshoot, improve and ensure alignment with regional GTM and business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance and a highly motivated presales and solution architect community.
- Actively collaborates with peers (including the regional domain leads) to leverage service and solution expertise to win sales pursuits.
- Assists in planning sales strategy (including in opportunity qualification and risk assessment) and collaborates with peers and partners to improve win rates.
- Understands business, financial and legal concepts to develop meaningful business recommendations.
- Participate in ensuring that continuous skills improvement and best practices are engrained in culture and applied, business-case objectives are achieved, and that local country presales teams are adhering to the guidance and governance provided.
- Supports the Country global solutions and services managers to develop their local Presales team in key areas:
- Drive the transformation, evolution and enablement of the local presales community in line with the regional strategy and Global programs / initiatives
- Drive the uptake of new skills and competencies in advance technologies by collaborating with regional domain leads to communicate, train and enable the presales and solution architect community in solution roadmaps and GTM plans to ensure successful alignment to each markets What to Sell Where
- Coach and enable the local APAC presales community to evangelize new and existing technology and solutions to support the realization of customers’ digital transformation initiatives and requirements - be the CTO that can actively demonstrate, present and influence at the CxO Executive table the value proposition – where necessary lead by example such CxO engagements in creating value propositions, development and presentation of transformation roadmaps that can be delivered to a CxO.
- Support the respective country Head of global solutions and services to drive the local country presales consultant teams’ operational plans to deliver established targets for orders and revenues
- Ensure strong alignment of presales community towards International Sales Processes to improve governance adherence and result integrity
- Work closely with the customer to understand their business objectives and compelling criteria to better shape the company’s solution. During solution development and negotiations of scope change present the solution as required to expedite achieving a high level of agreement. Finalize the baseline through negotiate with the customer to gain agreement on technical and operational findings as a result of due diligence.
- Accountable for the production of an optimal solution meeting customer requirements utilizing the company’s capabilities directly, through Partners, or other Third Parties. Engage and direct service block managers, design architects, and subject matter experts as required. Negotiate scope and service level adjustments during presales phase as required. Combine all available solutions and services internally and Third Party resources to generate standard and non-standard service blocks. Responsible for obtaining the necessary validations and approvals for both solution and associated costs. Accountable for identification and quantification of the corresponding gaps and risk factors (technical, costing, SLA)
- Lead the production of the consolidated technical solution proposal documents including presentations as required, working closely with the Bid Program Manager
- Last point of escalation for unresolved issues within the technical and operations arena.
- Ensure early identification of transformation scenarios to the target solution, in conjunction with corresponding risk and cost factors.
Bid negotiation & Handover
- Support the contracting process as the lead for the solution within the negotiating team, assessing customer desired changes relative to the impact on the solution and financial, as well as associated consequence of these changes.
- Work with legal team to develop contractual schedules related to service offer
- Lead the handover of the solution team deliverables to the post sales teams
Provide technical thought leadership
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry technical developments within the Infrastructure and Solutions sectors; provide regular assessment of competitor propositions
- Contribute to the company’s Knowledge Management Repository to bring industry-leading solutions; stimulate creativity to ensure the company’s positioning as a market leader
- Maintain a thorough understanding of internal tools, systems and processes required to develop quality / approved technical proposals to customers.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of all the company’s products, services and solutions sets
- Contribute to improvements within Pre-Sales
- Based on specific skills and project assignment work activity could be focused at the global or regional level
- Ensure successful innovative solutions are circulated and shared as developing best practice through mentoring, coaching and ad-hoc seminars as appropriate
- Contribute to other knowledge communities to build a best practice approach across future solutions.
Financial and Performance Metrics
- Create, document and operationalize a regional presales practice in-line with global and regional GTM initiatives
- Ensure all APAC country presales capability and competencies are in line with country agreed What to Sell Where strategies
- Ensure sustainability and scalability of the Regional presales practice by orchestrating regular forums or steercos with country presales leaders
- Support the achievement of APAC orders and revenues, and cost budgets as set by the region annually and half yearly to achieve presales productivity targets (order per head, revenue per head and opex/revenue ratios)
- Support double digit growth by winning more large and transformational accounts and growth of large deal pipeline
- Support specific order and revenue targets for strategic digital growth areas in our plans, for example, in High Speed Networks, Digital Consulting, UCaaS, Service Management, security, Cloud, CCS
Key Expected results/Outcomes on this role:
Improved deal qualification by providing a solution perspective:
1. assessing the customer fit with the company’s capabilities
2. evaluation of ROM assessment as to determine whether or not there is a true outsourcing business opportunity
- As a result of outsourced, out tasked or managed service solution propositions being based on an agreed customer baseline, that meets the customer requirements in combination with internal company’s win themes and cost targets.
- Assurance that the solution has been through rigorous internal validation processes involving all required BU and delivery organizations.
- Decide on how each service block design and cost will be addressed to obtain highly optimized and cost-effective solution
- Management of the solution team to ensure cohesive and consistent solution is developed
- Assurance that post-sales team have a clear understanding of the company’s contractual obligations to customer
- Proposal collateral including but not limited to proposal text, statements of work, cost models and presentations are stored in accordance with internal quality policies and procedures
- Assurance that negotiated changes are kept synchronized with associated costs and statements of work and have internal validation where required.
- Effective handover to post sales teams
- Improved leadership for solutions in support of customers:
- Accountability for quality contributions to the Solutions KM repository and its maintenance.
- Improvement in win rates
- Introduction of new ways of working
- Leading workstreams or activities or representing the Sales and Marketing business when assigned to corporate IT projects (design input, design approval, user acceptance testing) ensures knowledge is shared and distributed on a regular basis
- Performs as a mentor to less experienced technical staff providing on the job training
- A core team member contributing to the proposal strategy and solution development with responsibility for managing the solution team during the creation of the customer solution
- May lead sub project teams when assigned to pre-sales practice projects
Knowledge and abilities
- Engage and partner with customers at a business and technical level
- Deliver solutions which provide high value throughout the full life cycle
- Identify and develop key partner and vendor relationships as required to deliver fully integrated solutions
- Build confidence with customers around the company’s capabilities and solutions
- Ability to manage (direct and virtual) a diverse and geographically disperse team of individuals by developing a clear strategy, practice and regional function and transformation management program
- Experience in leading a matrix organisation with a number of external and internal functions in order to develop and deliver solutions and services to address customer ICT and business needs
- Possession of thought leadership in best practice and transformation of business support from the presales community
- Demonstrated technology leadership in a fast developing ICT market, including IPVPN networks, security, CRM and Cloud Computing Services
- Track record of ability to influence and communicate strongly on best practice to presales community
- Program management capabilities
- Technical knowledge of industry technologies
- Good conflict management and negotiation skills
- Masters or Degree in related engineering, computer science or ICT field
- Graduate / advanced degree in business or science (desirable)
- Accreditation / Certification in area of expertise
- Extensive experience in the APAC Communications and/or ICT industry, addressing the technical and business issues of global MNC’s
- Proven delivery of complex pragmatic solutions design within industry
- Track record of consultative selling / wider solution design; business acumen to assess opportunity
- Proven track record of in depth technical experience within infrastructure / network solutions and services
- Industry-wide knowledge / market leadership in Infrastructure / Network Services
- Extensive years of people management experience
- Experience either as a presales manager or practice leader
- Record of leadership in winning large complex multi-million ICT deals
- A track record of working and managing, influencing across transversal teams
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.