Field Sales Engineer - Singapore
Checkmarx is seeking a talented Field Sales Engineer to support its Sales and Business Development activities in the APAC region. In this position, the primary responsibility would be to drive and manage the technological evaluation stage of a sales process. Any task would be done in tandem with the sales team as a technical adviser and product expert. The ideal candidate must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technically oriented prospects, as well as ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle. Checkmarx is looking for a self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment, and is accustomed to extensive travel.
- Manage and coordinate any technical requirements in the Sales process.
- Perform technical demonstrations of the Checkmarx solution in face to face meetings, conventions and web sessions.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFXs.
- Convey customer requirements to the Product Management teams.
- Design implementation of solutions according to customer’s technical requirements.
- Deploy and implement Checkmarx solutions, from planning of acceptance, through installations and resolving of deployment issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or any correlating degree; Master’s Degree and/or CISSP certification preferred.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with application / software development with C#, .NET, JAVA, PHP etc. programming languages.
- At least 3 years of successful enterprise software Pre-sales experience.
- Project management experience would be an advantage.
- Technical writing experience a plus would be an advantage.
- Excellent face to face presentation skills, business partners and large audiences.
- Fluent English and Chinese (writing / spoken), additional languages are an advantage.
- Excellent team / autonomous work capabilities.
- A background in the software security industry including penetration testing and code review is highly preferred.
- Travel required (up to 35% or more at peaks).