Key Words: Data Science, SQL, R, Hadoop, NLP
Role: Data Scientist
Industry: Consulting, Information Technology, Managed services
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in the provision and management of specialist end to end IT infrastructure services and solutions. Their core business is to deliver technology and IT services solutions that support their client's diverse needs across multiple industries.
About the Data Scientist,
- As a specialist in the data science field, you will be a key driver in bringing teams towards solutions and business targets
- You will be part of the liaison and supervision for various projects and teams
- You will lead and pave developments in analytics with client teams
- You will tackle challenges in real-world statistics from large data sets to incomplete data
- You will utilise your creativity and resourcefulness in combining your skillsets through traditional statistical methods and advanced computational techniques
- Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, physics or relevant subjects. Masters and PhD highly preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in computer science, applied mathematics, or other quantitative and computational discipline.
- Strong hands-on experience with statistical concepts and calculations.
- At least 3 years of experience with real data.
- At least 3 years of experience with scripting languages, e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- At least 3 years of experience with statistical computing tools like R, SAS, and SPSS.
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating structured and unstructured data sources for analysis.
- Hands-on experience with MapReduce/Hadoop and related technologies, e.g., Pig, Hive, Cascading.
- Experience in text mining/NLP.
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services and Elastic MapReduce would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Hadoop based commercial packages, e.g. Cloudera, Hortonworks.
- Positive can do attitude
- Relentless – will not give in
- Positive energy
- Collaborative and a team player
- Takes ownership and accountability for situation
- Creative and Versatile
- Good listening Skills / humility
- Culture Sensitivities / local experience
- Systematic and focused approach to working
- Analytical and possess the ability to solve problems permanently
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
Su Fay May
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.