About Our Client
Our client works strongly within the Banking, Financial services and Insurance industry in Singapore.
About the Data IT Analyst role:
You will be an experienced professional with a solid background in software/application development using a range of different tools and languages within an agile development environment. As an IT Analyst, you will work between the business layer who are at the front line of the business and possess deep investment industry expertise. Your role is to translate the business requirement through requirement analysis to then follow through the SDLC to deliver the Software application solution as per the business users needs. To be successful in this position, you will need a strong foundation within application development using the fundamental best practices in writing code along with a business sense to appreciate the end user requirements to deliver effective business applications. You will also require a keen appetite to learn and develop new skills and technology to fully immerse into the position of an IT Analyst.
About the Data IT analyst
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Conduct detailed requirements analysis, systems design, effectively implement and maintain technical solutions to meet change requests/enhancements for business applications.
- Analyse holistically: business needs, mutual interdependencies, risk and benefits to propose the best solution.
- Analyse and resolve production incidents and systems enhancement change requests for business applications.
- Analyse systems operations data (customer satisfaction, delivery quality, SLAs, team efficiency, etc) to identify actionable trends for continuous improvements in business applications management.
- Work closely with business users and vendors to implement and support application/data solutions using best-of-breed technology and methodology in various areas of business functions, such as corporate services, front office, financial data analytics, investment operations and risk management.
- As and when necessary, conduct requirement workshop with business users and holistically analyse requirements.
- A good Degree in Information Technology / Engineering / Computer Science.
- Three – seven years of relevant working experience in business application systems or software development including SDLC / Agile (DevOps/ Kanbam/ Scrum).
- Possesses good hands-on technical skills and competency in standard technology platforms: Java, J2EE, .NET, C#, SQL server, Oracle, Python, R and desktop programming (Excel VBA, etc), with good appreciation of SDLC, systems architecture and design.
- Possesses a solid foundation in SQL and NoSQL database design and development (RDBMS and PL/SQL, SQL, NoSQL).
Experience in the following domain(s) will be an added advantage:
- Front Office Application Systems (order execution / management) for asset classes Equities / Futures and Options, FX, Fixed Income, Derivatives and other OTC products.
- Analysis of large datasets
Experience with the following technologies will be an added advantage:
- Big Data
- Cloud based Big Data Services: AWS EMR, Azure HDInsight
- Hadoop Platforms: Cloudera, Hortonworks, Databricks
- Hadoop Technologies: HDFS, Zookeeper, Yarn, Spark, Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Solr, ELK, Flume, Kafka
- NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, AWS Redshift, Neo4J, Hbase
- Shell Script
- Apache Olingo,
- HTTP API,
- Implemented Cloud Native solutions, including use of container technologies
- Microservices architecture
- Data analytics and visualisation – Tableau
- Data Integration / ETL – Alteryx or Informatica
- Machine / Deep Learning – TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, Torch
- KDB (real time big data system)
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
+65 6589 8787
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.