Key Words: Cyber Incident Investigation, Cyber Incident Response, Cyber Incident Handling, Threat Hunting, Malware Analysis, Reverse Engineering, Security Testing, Attack analysis, Forensic Investigation
Role: Cyber Incident Response Investigator
Industry: Security, Information Technology
About Our Client
The company is providing sophisticated consulting and incident response support for organisations and governments worldwide. They are a trusted advisor and cyber security service provider of global IT and security teams, executive managements, and boards of top organizations worldwide, which includes Fortune 100 companies.
They are considered by the industry experts as the “Delta Force” of Cyber Security as they are devoted to the absolute top standards of excellence in the services they provide, customer centric approach and complete confidentiality. The company uses advanced technology practices, has an in-depth understanding of attackers, cyberwarfare experience and a commercially driven approach to help their clients excel in the in the cyber age.
Cyber threats are constantly growing and changing rapidly across its volume, pace and complexity. When an organisation is confronted with an enhanced attack, it demands the strongest capabilities on its side. The company adopts operational art, experience focus and speed in their response which provides exceptional the difference between a minor crash and a devastating impact on performance and reputation of organisations.
The company employs talents from elite defence technology units from all over the cyber industry globally. They have a house of experts with extensive experience at the forefront of cyber. They recruit top-calibre talent that will be working in tight collaboration with IT and Security teams and management in risk management, supporting digital transformation and meeting the cyber challenges of the clients.
This company is launched and backed by a cyber powerhouse from Israel and is owned by one of the leading investment firms here in Singapore.
About the Cyber Incident Response Investigator
The Incident Response Expert role includes conducting in-depth forensic analysis, investigation, and response to real-world cyber threats.
- Partake in forensic and incident response investigations, including large scale sophisticated attacks.
- Conduct log analysis, host and network-based forensics and malware analysis.
- Take part in threat hunting; proactively hunt for targeted attacks and new emerging threats in client’s networks; This also includes security assessments and simulations.
- Identify IOCs and TTPs to help discover whether and how breaches have occurred.
- Utilize and/or develop tools and methodologies to improve the company’s existing investigative and hunting technological stack.
- Collaborate with IT and Security teams during investigations.
- Generate and present thorough and professional report of findings from investigations.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Experience from military service and/or other industries
- Proven in-depth understanding of the life cycle of advanced security threats, attack vectors and variant methods of exploration.
- Extensive technical understanding of network fundamentals and Internet protocols.
- Strong understanding of system and security controls on at least two operating systems (Windows, Linux / Unix and MacOS), including host-based forensics and experience with analysing OS artifacts.
- Fluency with one or more scripting language (i.e., Python)
Multifaceted knowledge and competencies, such as:
- Hands-on experience in data analysis (preferably network traffic or log analysis) in relevant data analysis and data science platforms (Jupyter, Splunk, pandas, SQL)
- Familiarity with 1 or 2 of the following: cloud infrastructure, web application and servers, android, and iOS mobile platforms
- Experience with malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Familiarity with enterprise SIEM platforms (e.g., Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight)
- Bright, curious, and determined team player, who strives for excellency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English, including the ability to document and explain technical information in a concise, understandable manner.
- Problem solver, In-depth thinker with growth mindset.
- Out of the box thinker. The projects that the company takes on are very critical and high severity type of issues where there might be no used case or known solution yet.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.