Key Words: IT Strategy, Transformation, Management, Technical Leadership, Vendor Management, Business Strategy, Technology, Cloud, Cloud Security, Data and Information Management, Technology Architecture, Enterprise Architect, Service management, Security operations, Governance, Risk, Compliance.
Role: Cloud Platform Engineering Director
About Our Client
Our client is an influential organization working on critical projects across various industry domains. They provide opportunities to any successful candidates to learn and grow their skills and experience in a supportive and dynamic environment with aggressive growth plans and long-term job security using the latest technology innovations.
About the Cloud Platform Engineering Director
- The director for Cloud is an experienced executive in the technology domain, with experience spanning across design and strategy for cloud, from the infrastructure layer, application, and security layers impacting the lives of millions of users.
- The ideal candidate would have come from an operation, engineering to architecture background, who then moved into IT leadership positions, i.e., CTO, Technical Director.
- This role will be working with different stakeholders and public Cloud providers such as Azure, Google and Amazon Web Services to assure the Cloud technologies against any user risks.
- This role will also be an advisor to the stakeholders, guide the vendors and propose alternative solutions (if needed) to ensure the safety and security of any cloud driven initiatives to multiple organisations with millions of users.
- This role will help in overseeing strategy and policy development for the Cloud domain across multiple sectors with millions of users.
- This role will lead and supervise a team of engineers and consultants that are closely working with respective counterparts in the public sector and critical industries to ensure that the implementation of cloud projects follow the right cybersecurity measures and policies.
- This role requires strong understanding the underlying technologies within the cloud ecosystem and can create or propose cybersecurity solutions, or policies around that.
- This role will continue to look at cybersecurity best practices both on from a technology and policy perspective for the cloud ecosystem and ensure preparedness for any cloud related sophisticated attacks.
- Guide the team in creating/formulating technology advisories and policies for Cloud. This also includes providing leadership in developing cybersecurity technology and policy roadmaps for the cloud ecosystem.
- Work with market leading cloud providers and vendors to drive the cloud security strategy across the different public sector and critical industries. This also includes leading the development of standards with these partners to ensure adoption of cloud technology in a secured manner.
- Lead the continued development and review of strategic plans relating to Cloud security.
- Project/plan for future scenarios to mitigate cybersecurity risks in the cloud ecosystem, translating them into technology and policy strategies that can be implemented and adopted.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Over 10 years of experience in technology, within which extensive number of years was spent as an architect or technical lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or any similar fields of study, with a preference to Master’s degree holder.
- Experience in planning/developing security measures (both policy and technology) for cloud transformation projects.
- Solid years of experience in managing technical teams; Candidate should demonstrate some technical leadership skill Deep understanding and experience of the Defence and/or Security domain(s), key challenges, priorities, and stakeholders
- Comes from a technical background with an appreciation of how technology affects business; hands on experience dealing with complex government projects is critical for this role.
- Experience in managing IT transformation of an organisation from traditional infrastructure to cloud and implementing a strong delivery and cybersecurity framework to support this.
- Ability to drive teams by positive influence and a proven record in managing these teams to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and colleagues to drive change to support the objectives.
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends.
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms and understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve agency needs.
- The candidate needs to demonstrate continued learning tenet and good working relationship with all key cloud partners (AWS, Microsoft and Google)
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory, please immediately raise to our attention via firstname.lastname@example.org. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.