Key Words: Data Analytics, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Data Modelling, Big Data Architecture, ETL, Leadership, Team Management, Customer Engagement, Skills Planning & Development
Role: Data Analytics Lead
Industry: Technology Consulting, Information Technology & Services
Function: Team Management, Solution Architecture, Leadership
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in providing consulting and digital services across the cloud, big data and AI technologies. They have the capabilities in consulting, integration and fulfilment work which they provide to several enterprises and commercial companies across the globe.
About the Data Analytics Lead
- Building analytical capabilities is a central pillar of the company’s strategy. The business is built around complex technology projects which cross business areas and borders with our worldwide client base.
- The scope of this role requires a depth and breadth of technical knowledge. To excel in this role, you will use your strategic outlook while maintaining a strong practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing requirements.
- You will work with clients to understand business requirements and technical environment and use this in designing data and analytics solutions
- You will define the data and analytics platform architecture and blueprint for enterprise Big Data and Analytics initiatives along with roadmaps and reference architectures
- You will articulate the pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
- Develop overall project plans and vision for data and analytics solutions, providing a comprehensive roadmap and solution for clients’ needs
- You will also at some point act as a solution architect on bids and pursuits and guide the solution through the stages of developing win themes, solution design, effort estimation, pricing, and proposal development
- You will be managing a team of at least 20 people (and still growing) varying from skillsets in BI, SSRS, SSIS, data engineers, data analysts, data scientists, etc.
- You will provide Technical Leadership on Projects and Sales Pursuits relating to Analytics.
- You will build a collaborative team, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage stakeholder expectations internally and externally.
- Mentor and manage the community of Analytics practitioners
- Work with the Market Unit leadership to understand the go-to-market strategy, focus deals skills requirements
- Define skills and capabilities requirements of the Analytics group
- Conceptualize, create and execute skills development and training programs to address any skills gaps and to up-skill resources
- Promote a continuous improvement mindset through training and team initiatives
- Work with Talent Acquisition team and the resource scheduling team to align project demand with consultant availability.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Extensive experience across data strategy, roadmap development, data warehousing and database management (data profiling, cataloguing, data ingestion, data modelling, data migration and data warehouse setup) and data analytics.
- At least 3 years of experience architecting solutions with big data technologies across data ingestion, stream processing, storage and analytics workloads – either open source stack (Hadoop ecosystem) or proprietary stacks like Microsoft, IBM etc.
- At least 5 years of management experience in leading/managing data and analytics team.
- You’re proficient at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients and stakeholders both internal and external.
- Internally, you enjoy advising teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
- You come from a background and experience in data strategy & roadmap development, data management, Business Intelligence (data modelling, data warehousing, ETL, reporting and visualization) and analytics.
- You possess a track record of delivering Data & Analytics solutions for client organizations through complex solutions/projects with strong client consulting and interaction
- Experience on Apache Spark or Databricks for data transformation and data engineering workloads for both batch and streaming use cases
- Strong understanding across cloud components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud-based data and analytics architectures (Azure, AWS, Google)
- You have experience in client consulting and project-leadership experience working with third-party clients
- Experience working across the organizational ecosystem and partnering with other teams (e.g. application development, enterprise architecture, security etc.)
- Good understanding of industry trends, customer challenges, drivers and technologies to address customer problems
- Ability to effectively team with peers in large, matrix organizations, including significant experience with offshore teams and delivery
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any equivalent
- Preferably with certifications in Azure, AWS, IBM, Google.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via email@example.com. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.