11/11/2019, 09:00 - 06:00
The team spent some time at the Singapore FinTech festival this week. Here are some key takeaways:
- Buzzing startup scene using emerging technologies in a viable commercial way such as Blockchain, RPA, AI.
- Emphasis on user experience and on both digital and traditional platforms including innovation within wearables and face recognition to help automate transactions.
- Traditional banks are quickly growing their capabilities to adapt to a new generation of customers who want to use banking services in a new modern interface.
- Some innovation seems too far ahead to be practical in the near future and likely to become outdated further down the line.
- There is a lot of competition within the KYC startup scene.
- Cybersecurity is a major focus for almost all participants across every industry.
- All companies small to large are facing a skills shortage within Cloud, Security, Devops, Software, AI, Big Data.